A technology client recently asked us to summarize our opinions on key trends in federal government contracting. We were happy to do so…and share the benefits of this with you. Here are several key trends we’re seeing in government contracting:
- More emphasis on shared technology and infrastructure (i.e. cloud computing)
- More justification that the chosen procurement vehicle is the best approach of all available contracts
- More firm fixed-price (FFP) contracts
- Greater emphasis mobility and working from home (teleworking)
- Greater focus on IT security given more mobility and teleworking
Technology is driving many of these things as access, sharing, mobility, security, and other related trends converge. We also don’t believe the election outcome will change the trajectory of any of these trends in a significant way.
What do you think? What trends are you seeing that support or contradict this list?